[Klug-general] [NEW MEMBER] Thank you.

James Earll jearll16 at hushmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:54:29 UTC 2012

Thank you for all your support & thoughts ladies and gentlemen, I
have decided to go for the Comptia/Oracle/LPIC certs, I feel it's
better than just saying you are a Gnuru, especially as I have no
pro experience.

I guess the certification/youth unemployment debate is more about
national politics than what employers think of the folks behind
LPIC. I would do a youtube search for Brian Gerrish or Albert
Burgess if you want to hear someone talking with substance.

Anyway, I would love to join a KLUG meeting -- tinkering with
hardware, obsessing over a command or what RMS said last week,
making new friends, all those things, but I (perhaps foolishly)
relocated to Asia to escape the indignity of being sniggered at
from behind the counter at jobcentre"+" :).

Love the list, and hope to contribute as my knowledge grows.

Best to you all,

James.