[Klug-general] New battery problem

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:46:03 UTC 2012

Check that all the power apps are installed.

I had a laptop years ago and did a very custom (this being the problem area
perhaps) debian install on it. I kept on running into performance issues
and in the end it turned out that I hadn't installed acpid (I think that's
what it's called). Which managed many power controls including the CPU fan
(which on the laptop was adjustable to allow for power saving), once the
application was installed the CPU fan came on and the performance issue
(and related slowing down and hanging) stopped.
While a default install of a desktop distro should have everything,
sometimes there might be a different requirement controller/api. Or just a
bug in part of the kernel code for that particular hardware interface (or
in the hardware itself).