[Klug-general] Gavin the computer man

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 23 14:03:13 UTC 2012

More good advice, thanks for that. I have the motherboard handbook so I
know that it is a Soltek SL-75KAV/-X so I followed your advice Alex and
found a number of sites. None specifically relate to that motherboard
although I found one listing Soltek beep codes which I suppose are
generic. Anyway I found that Morse code for the letter 'B' (dah dit dit
dit) is listed as 'Conventional/Extended memory failure'. Oh dear, that
sounds expensive.

I thought I had pressed the DIMMS firmly into their sockets when I had
the back plate of yesterday but to no avail.

So we will have to see what Gavin this this afternoon.
MikeR