[Klug-general] Gavin the computer man

Daniel Ellis mail at danellis.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 16:30:01 UTC 2012

While you have the case open have a look at the motherboard and check
the capacitors.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague for
what to look for.  I've had numerous computers, consumer appliances
and power supplies which have died due to this, and have brought most
of them back to life by replacing the caps after purchasing a random
bag of spares from Maplin.