[Klug-general] NFS + GIDs

jwm- art.net jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:46:14 UTC 2012

Don't know. Ignoring the UIDs shown on the server (ie umapped to a user on
the server) for files created on the client...

... There is still a further problem of file permissions. Files created on
one are not writable on the other unless chmod g+w performed by owner on
machine where file created.   Might try creating a new partition and
mounting it with a specific GID and umask to set group write permission on
all newly created files there.

James.