[Klug-general] Android Development

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Sep 13 09:38:43 UTC 2012

I've been trying to teach my self how to develop Android Apps.

I've been following a variety of instructions including those in the most
recent copy of LinuxUser & Development but they seam to be the same as
found in numerous websites..... (Which I have also checked mostly due to
shear bafflement)

Anyway.

Seams to boil down to

a> Install eclipse, Fine can do that.
b> Install the Android Plugin

Which seams to get me down to a variety of error messages on different
machines but to no real success....... If I get past this stage I either
can't see the options to go further or the Android Emulator fails (on my
Netbook)

Anyone got any experience in how to get this working, as I would have
thought it would be a lot simpular than this. Also all
the instructions I've found so far seam to reliy of "Magic" and I'd love to
see some bare bones command line method, at least that way I could see if
it was eclipse at fault or something else!

Any pointers would be handy

Peter.