[Klug-general] Android Development

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Fri Sep 14 13:13:17 UTC 2012

On 14 September 2012 10:19, Nathan Friend <nathan.friend at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> 1) Install suitable Eclipse version e.g IDE for Java developers or IDE
> for Jave EE developers.

It MUST be 3.6 all other versions don't work! It looks like a number of
people have "Stuck" with Eclipse 3.6 and while its moved on (3.7 is
standard with Ubuntu, which does not help) From the way some seam to be
working there seams to be a "Project Split" in eclipse at 3.6 and I suspect
its annoying the eclipse developers no end!

> 2) Help > Install new software
> 3) Click 'Add' button, Name ADT, Location
> https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse
> 4) List of software comes up, tick "Developer tools', click 'Next'
> 5) Follow the wizard, accept the licence agreements.
> 6) Restart Eclipse.

Got it working eventually, not 100% sure why it did not work earlier today,

Looks like there are all sorts of quirks, to make it work........But once
it works its fine

Looks like I've got quite a bit of learning to do, my Java is about 12
years old when Java 2 was still bleeding edge........

Peter