[Klug-general] Android Development

Karl Buckland buckland.karl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:02:37 UTC 2012

On 14 September 2012 14:15, Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:

> It MUST be 3.6 all other versions don't work! It looks like a number of
> people have "Stuck" with Eclipse 3.6 and while its moved on (3.7 is standard
> with Ubuntu, which does not help) From the way some seam to be working there
> seams to be a "Project Split" in eclipse at 3.6 and I suspect its annoying
> the eclipse developers no end!

This simply isn't true... I am running Eclipse Juno (4.2). Following
the documentation I just downloaded and re-installed the whole thing:
- Eclipse
- Android ADT
- Created a 'hello world' application
- Launched the Android Emulator from Eclipse and ran the new 'Hello
world' application.

It took about 15 minutes to do all of this. Now granted I'm running
Windows, but clearly it does work.

Karl