[Klug-general] Any CUPS Gurus?

Brian Reay brian.reay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 19:50:49 UTC 2013

(Sorry if  this is a repeat- I'm not sure it "went" first time.)

I have an odd problem.

I've a printer set up to be shared via "cups"  (running on a Raspberry
Pi) with IoS devices.

It will print the first document then "locks". I can print locally, test
print, etc. But not print from an IoS device. The printer is still being
shared and is 'visible' to the IoS device.

The only way to 'unlock' it, is to 'edit' the config file in the CUPS
admin page, save it (which resets the cups server)- even if you've not
actually edited the file.

I've not seen this on PC Linux before, I've had a system working for
sometime 'serving' a couple of printers to IoS devices,  but I'd have
assumed that CUPS would be similar- so it seems to be a CUPS problem on
the R Pi.

My cups.conf file looks similar to one that works on my PC and published
ones on the web- there is certainly a 'variety' of different approaches.

I've Googled this to death, I can't find a reference to it locking like
this.

Brian