[Klug-general] Transferring Music To A Mobile Phone

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 11:06:14 UTC 2013

Hi Folks

OK, who here uses an Android phone and regularly transfers music to it for listening?

What do you use for this?

When I plug the phone in to my laptop it sees it correctly in Thunar, then I choose SD Card and it reads the folders.

I then copy from my ~/Music sub folder the Artist then paste into the Phone's SD Card Music folder.

This used to take 20 seconds with UMS.

Google has now removed UMS (USB Mass Storage) support from Android and it's now taking me 5 minutes to copy 1 album using the horrible MTP protocol.

Also, copying photos from my mobile to my laptop takes just as long AND the filenames are all corrupted.

Hope someone can help please.

Disgruntled from Folkestone.

PS: Ubuntu 12.04 running XFCE, Thunar File Manager, Android 4.2.2

--

Paul Littlefield

Telephone: 07801 125705
Email: info at paully.co.uk
Web: http://www.paully.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/paullittlefield
Wiki: http://wiki.indie-it.com/index.php?title=Special:AllPages
Blog: http://www.littlefield.info
Photo: http://gravatar.com/plittlefield
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+PaulLittlefield
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/paullittlefield
Trakt: http://trakt.tv/user/plittlefield

Paul Littlefield is environmentally responsible. Please consider the environment before printing this email. This email and any attachment is intended for the named addressee only, or person authorised to receive it on their behalf. The content should be treated as confidential and the recipient may not disclose this message or any attachment to anyone else without authorisation. If this transmission is received in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your email system. All electronic transmissions to and from me are recorded and may be monitored. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Paul Littlefield accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

x86_64
Ubuntu 13.04
X.Org X Server 1.13.3