[Klug-general] dns

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Jan 29 12:55:55 UTC 2013

Text book solution. Install and run your own.

Thats exactly what your isp is doing anyway!

Its also what should be built into you broardband router.

Look at dnscache also known as djbdns. Bind is a bit of a sledge hammer....

The big advantage of doing it this way is you can have names working on you
lan....

Google run a good set on 8.8.8.8 which is nice and memorable.

Peter