[Klug-general] Ubuntu based Timecapsule and Airprint Server

Brian Reay brian.reay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:03:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

First a confession, I have some Apple products and some Windows but I
won't mention those again ;-).

For some while I've been using my main Ubuntu machines as a
"Timecapsule"  backup system for my Macbook and an Airprint server for
the various iOS devices in the house.  As my eldest recently invested in
Macbook, I decided to dedicate a machine to do little else (it will be
doing other 24/7 tasks in time).

I bought an HP DC7600 off Ebay for £19 and dropped in a 2TB HDD for £68.

The system backs up 2 Macbooks, a Macmini and serves out two
non-Airprinters as if they were Airprinters.

I know Apple sell a box which does this but where is the fun in that?

If anyone is interested in the project, drop me an Email.

Brian
www.g8osn.net