[Klug-general] sorting file listings for comparison

james morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:33:52 UTC 2013

I'm trying to perform a sort on two different servers and then do a
diff of the results to make sure have been missed by my
should-have-used-xxxxx-instead approach.

I've piped the output of find to sort, but haven't managed to get
identical sort behaviour on the two systems (debian, fedora).

I've added -f to ignore case, but none of the other options really
make much sense - many of the specify to ignore characters rather than
sort them. I guess ultimately it has something to do with character
encodings, but I just want the most common characters treated the same
on both systems (ie, slashes, spaces, punctuation, etc).

Any ideas?

James.