[Klug-general] bt web address help irritation

james morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Sun May 5 20:50:23 UTC 2013

I should retitle this thread to "Firefox web address irritation" as
Firefox insists on prefixing everything with a www if the URL does not
begin with http:// - thanks to it's "Domain Guessing" feature.

Realized this after all command line efforts, wget, traceroute, ping,
succeed without a problem.

Found this informative page:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-web-address-bar?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Location+bar+search#w_domain-guessing

And have changed the alternate prefix to "http://"... No doubt this
will come back to haunt me at some point and this action will have
long faded from my memory.

James.