[Klug-general] Relocating my blog?

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Mon Oct 14 11:49:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:08:05 +0100
Dan Attwood <danattwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> if you just have a basic wordpress setup take a look at wordpress.com

I have two domains registered to me which I want to keep, use and
transfer, but I'm not sure of how to do it. They are both 'org.uk'
which makes it a bit simpler. Not sure of what information is required
of me before I tell 1and1 that I'm moving my sites. So any help,
advice, sites, tutorials, etc would be very gratefully received.

I am considering self-hosting, but although i have the computer spare
to do it with, I don’t have a spare monitor to use it from. Is it
possible to host it on this machine I'm on now?

Thanks
Sharon.

> On 14 October 2013 10:49, Laurence Southon <laurence at southon.uk.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On 14/10/13 09:08, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> >
> >> Consequently I'm now looking for alternative hosting for my sites
> >>

> > Two suggestions:
> >
> > If you want to take the Linux sysadmin route:
> >
> > http://www.bytemark.co.uk/
> >
> > Or for cheaper shared hosting:
> >
> > https://www.vidahost.com/page/**fast-uk-wordpress-hosting<https://www.vidahost.com/page/fast-uk-wordpress-hosting>
> >
> > LS

my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian 7.2, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944