[Klug-general] Round and round, like a windmill in the sky!

Alan alan at hipnosi.org
Fri Oct 18 11:44:51 UTC 2013

On 18/10/13 12:09, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:59:26 +0100
> Evan Ingram <evan.ingram at cariss.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2013 11:52, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>>> 'mysqladmin -u root -p ******** drop
>>> Enter password:
>>> mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>>> error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:
>>> YES)'

Safer I reckon to drop things with mysql client directly.. this is a
default mysql database set, don't drop any of these except test, mysql
needs them to store information about users, database objects and
permissions.

ak at x:~$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> drop database test;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

I just walked through this howto and it works fine.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-on-debian