[Klug-general] Restoring sql backups not all rows restoring

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:14:13 UTC 2014

Hi all

I'm currently shifting some databases from one server to another and have
hit a really annoying issue.

the database is going from an ubuntu 12.04. to a 14.04 machine. Both have
the same version of MySQL with pretty much the same config.

I backup the database (about 3 gig in size) with mysqldump, scp it to the
new server and run the restore. When I then check one table in particular I
can see a bunch of missing rows.

I have checked and optimised the table before the back ran.
If I open the dumped sql file I can see the missing rows in it. I can even
cut and paste the rows lines and add them back into the database fine - so
it's not corrupted data.

I've also tried dumping just the one problem table and re-ordering that on
it's own with the same results.

There is nothing in the error logs and I I've also exporting/ importing
with heidisql as this gives a nice logs as it goes along hoping to spot an
issue. but nothing untoward shows.

Does any one have any thoughts on things to try please.

Dan