[Klug-general] Domain Name

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 16:19:53 UTC 2014

Our ownership of kentlug.org is due to expire early next year.  It is
currently managed from my account at 123reg.org.  You may remember that
we had a collection at a meeting some years back (6 or 7 from memory)
which enabled us to buy it for that time.

Registration expires on 6 Feb 2015.  Current prices are:

1 year 11.99
2 years 23.98
3 years 35.97
4 years 47.96
and so on

It looks as though prices are a lot higher than they were when I did it
last although I can't remember.  The group is also smaller than it was.
  However we may be older and richer.  (Though being retired I'm now
older and poorer :) )

Options are.

1:  Have a collection again and I'll renew for the appropriate period above.
2:  Someone else can take on the administration - they may have a
cheaper registrar.
3:  Abandon the domain name

Thoughts to the mailing list.