[Klug-general] xorg woes

Paul Lenton lentonp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:31:12 UTC 2014

On 18/12/14 14:17, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Paul Lenton <lentonp at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> If Debian 8 wasn't so painfully close to release (hopefully!) I'd drop
>> xubuntu and be a Debian boy again. I got Ubuntu because I wanted an easy
>> life, not constant xorg problems! Arrggh.
> Close to release? Give over, it will be at least a year yet, it only
> went into freeze on November 5th.
>
> And my "xorg.conf" was set on setup in December 2013, and has needed
> nothing else doing to it since then. But I do keep a backup in my
> ~/cron/conf folder. So its stable under testing.
>
> Sharon.

Oh, I thought it had been in freeze MUCH longer than that.
FWIW, my issue has now resolved with the 3.16 kernel (which i manually
installed from the 14.10 repos) so I guess it was an issue with my
existing kernel (3.13 I think).

Thanks all for your assistance. I guess there are just some things you
can't stop Shuttleworth from breaking.
Debian 7 is being downloaded now so I should have my system the way I
want it by the new year ;-)

Thanks again guys

--
Paul