[Klug-general] Internal Card Reader

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 22:08:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I need to replace the internal card reader on the front of my PC but
all I've looked at on Amazon have an almost equal share of negative
reviews citing reliability or slow transfer speeds etc.

Can anyone here vouch for the reliability of one of these devices
they've purchased?

Basically I only really need it to read SD and MicroSD cards, and,
provide a couple of USB2 ports and perhaps a USB3 for whenever I get
some USB3 device.

The only thing wrong with my current 3.5" front-panel usb/card reader
are the USB ports are all loose (from devices dangling on irritatingly
short cables) and give flaky performance - as an alternative might I
be able to spruce them up some how?

Cheers,
James.