[Klug-general] Ubuntu server and crash/hang ?

Alan alan at hipnosi.org
Thu Jun 19 10:01:01 UTC 2014

Not any clues in there I can see.. have a look at the output of dmesg -
random crashes will probably be hardware, RAM or HDD

dmesg | grep sd

If there is nothing there then cron something like this:

filename=`date +%s` &&  dmesg > "$filename"

Next time it crashes examine the last dmesg logfile and you may find
clues of the minute before it crashed!

(PS : there is probably a much more modern way of doing this!)