[Klug-general] Calling for Mentors for KLUG and EPIK Team Up

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 19:10:49 UTC 2014

On 11/03/14 10:09, Karl Buckland wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I've had a look at EPIK, but it's not clear from the website where
> most of the events take place. I assume it would be in and around
> Canterbury? Unfortunately I'm in Tunbridge Wells, so I couldn't really
> be further from you while still being in Kent. Does EPIK tend to do
> much outside of Canterbury?

Most of the events are held at our office in Hersden, east of
Canterbury. That said Dorine is looking for more to setup hubs across
the county so best thing to do is take a look at the EPIK events which
tend towards being organised on MeetUp.com and come along to one of the
events where details of how to setup hubs can be shared.

> I've also had a look at Codeclub (https://www.codeclub.org.uk/) and I
> will probably sign up and see what happens with that, but if I can't
> find an existing group nearby then I'll be faced with either the
> prospect of travelling a good distance or setting up my own group
> which is a lot of effort to go to before really getting a taste for it.

See above! I'm sure something can be setup. :-)

Kev