[Klug-general] answer to my FOI request from Kent County Coucil

Gary Yeames-Smith gary at hotel-media.tv
Tue Oct 14 09:26:48 UTC 2014

Although I really dislike Microsoft, the truth is "at present" £121k a year
would be far cheaper than switching to Linux and getting a company to
support it. Even Munich are considering switching back to Windows (quick
Google search
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/08/munich-city-linux-switching-back-windows).

The government are itching forward with open eyes including

   - The adoption of ODF for future documents
   - Recognising Ubuntu to be the most secure OS,
   - More and more services/programs are going web based

So in future it could happen.

Kind Regards

Gary Yeames-Smith - Director - Hotel Media ltd
Office: +44 1795 549 010 - Mobile: +44 7918 650 445 -

E: Gary at hotel-media.tv - Web: www.hotel-media.tv - Skype: hotelmedia.gary

  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/hotel-media-ltd>

Head Office: 97 Dymchurch Road, Hythe, Kent, CT21 6JN

represent those of Hotel Media ltd.

error.
Hotel Media ltd is registered in England under no. 7092844 with its registered
office at 97 Dymchurch Road, Hythe, Kent, CT21 6JN
<Gary at hotel-media.tv>