[Klug-general] Parallel processing / using GPU for processing power on Linux... any experiences?

Michael Sinclair bigcheese at refurbodepot.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 10:31:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've been searching for ideas or info on using the GPU for its
computational power, commonly (until recently) used for mining Bitcoins
on Linux platforms.

All the topics I can find on Google seems either to be outdated or quite
old. Specifically to AMD as the drivers that have been talked about
don't seem to be available anymore (typical closed source). Any
experience with opensource drivers for this?  There seems to be some
stuff with OpenCL.  I don't mind AMD or Nvidea topics, it just appears
that AMD is better for this purpose.

Any pointers could be a help.

Thanks

Mike