[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 462, Issue 4

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Fri Sep 19 17:21:13 UTC 2014

Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> writes:

> On 19/09/14 12:04, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> www.sharons.org.uk  - titled "A taste of linux".
>

> Transferring books to a Kindle Fire
>
> Why are you struggling and not using the quite wonderful Calibre?
>
> http://calibre-ebook.com/demo
>
> I have had a variety of Kindles and every one works.

Yes, I have "calibre" and do use it, but the problem is that debian
see's the kindle device as a "mtp-device", and cannot mount it. "Caja"
and "nemo" will auto-load the device, "nautilus" doesn't. But it is
always auto-loaded as a mtp-device. It has to be loaded with "jmtpfs"
which is still dodgy and unreliable, or as "fusermount" which is better.
AFAIK they are the only options available for mounting the kindle using
debian.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.93.1