[Klug-general] Ansible

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 12:26:11 UTC 2015

On 03/02/15 09:00, Dan Attwood wrote:
> ok i've done that and that speed things up a bit.
> unfortunately it speeds it towards the next fail. witht he debug on I
> can the errors lists below.
> I've double checked that I can ssh into the servers via kay and I'm
> following the note I made when I had this working at home so and dan :-(
>
> error below
>

> fatal: [10.0.100.37] => SSH encountered an unknown error. The output was:
> OpenSSH_6.6.1, OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
> debug1: auto-mux: Trying existing master

> debug1: Control socket
> "/home/administrator/.ansible/cp/ansible-ssh-10.0.100.37-22-administrator"
> does not exist

Is this home dir connected with an 'administrator' user? It could be
that ansible is using the wrong user key to connect with what looks like
'root' on the other machine.

Hopefully its just a matter of which user is being used on which side.

You might also want to take a look at the ansible config file. Mine is
in /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg which has lines like:

poll_interval  = 15
sudo_user      = root
#ask_sudo_pass = True
#ask_pass      = True
transport      = smart
remote_port    = 22

I think you can be specific about what users are used instead of
assuming it knows what you really mean. :-)

Kev