[Klug-general] Dead machine.

Michael Sinclair msinclair at mody.me.uk
Tue Feb 3 18:55:39 UTC 2015

Most modern motherboards have anti surge built in, so should resist
those arcs from connecting the plug to the PSU, I see it all the time
and never caused me any problems... yet.  Double check that the little
power connectors that go from the power switch on the case are still
connected to the motherboard at the bottom right hand corner, they are
usually close by the SATA connectors where you have plugged in the DVD
and HDD.

I can't seem to find the exact model of the Zoostorm, but the new power
supply you got should be fine.  Maybe you can see the motherboard model,
usually printed above or below the main PCIe lane.  The fact that
nothing starts, no spinning fans, no beeps (is the internal speaker
plugged in, usually to the left of the power points on the motherboard
pointed out above) indicates either no power is getting to the supply or
the motherboard is really dead.

Other points to check; are the power plugs from the PSU are properly
connected, they can be a little tough to push in properly.  PSU switch
is in the on position and power cable fuse hasn't blown.  You can also
try clearing the CMOS, remember to unplug the PC before doing this and
then replace the pins back to original position before plugging it in
again.  Clearing CMOS should only be done if you have the manual of the
motherboard.

Mike