[Klug-general] HDMI over wifi (update)

Paul Lawrence paul.z.lawrence at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 22 17:33:03 UTC 2015

Just
to give an update.

Pretty
much fixed. Apple has a wild-card/cheat to help with getting audio
into the sound system.

Using
Airparrot2 to play video and select application to play presentations
to stream to AppleTV. AppleTV has the ability to send audio to
another device (General > Speakers). In this case we send it back
to Airport (maybe there is a TCP sockets open on Apple devices to
support this?). Airport has a 3.5mm socket. Enabled the option on
AppleTV menu, connected Airport 3.5mm socket to 1/4inch socket on DR
box and XLR lead to XLR socket. Input Pad enabled on mixer desk.

Working
arrangement is as follows...subject to trial leading to final kit
placement.

iMac
wifi -------> Airport ----------> AppleTV
Airparrot2                    ←-----------   Audio
                         audio
lead
                          DR
Box ---> XLR lead to XLR socket to audio system

Almost
the same as my initial option 1 but all cabling is at ground level
leaving wifi to do the heavy lift.

Not
noticed any sync problems (based on handful of short test videos
which is what we would be using anyway).

Thank-you
all for your patience/help/suggestions. Reserve the right to ask more
questions.

Apologies will not be able to make the meeting this weekend.

VBR

Paul