[Klug-general] Next KLUG Meeting

Kevin Groves kgroves at cix.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 12:27:55 UTC 2015

On 10/03/15 12:45, Glen Skiner wrote:

> No worries.
>
> I like the sound of pub meets.  It's quite informal, not that klugs
> where formal!

Quite :-)

> But should we want to display anything on your projector it could be a
> bit awkward unless they had a function room for us to use.

Could be worth looking into those really small pocket projectors and we
can then shine it against the wall.

> If we go down the route of trying to obtain grants on a semi-regular
> basis I can gather the necessary information if needed.  I would also
> not mind in becoming a trustee though not the treasurer....!!! :-$

LOL thanks. Its not a route I wan't to go down. I've been resisting it
ever since we started as that was from where we first came.

> As for virtual meetings I'm sure many of you know there are a few ways
> to achieve this;
>
> - Mumble,
> - Jitsi,
> - Hangouts,
> - Skype,
> - Combinations of the above,
> - IRC,
> - Etc.

We've tried and its not been great we could have another go, on a casual
basis its not workable but a fixed time maybe. Google hang out may be
the best way as it supports a fair number of people. We've had this
discussion before about trying mumble too.

Kev