[Klug-general] Hello and IRL Meetups

OSS virt ossvirt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:39:42 UTC 2015

Hello, I was inspired by Kieron's recent email to introduce myself as
well. Been on the mailing list for nearly a year but this is my first
post. I've been using Linux at home for years, started on Debian Sarge
back when you had to configure xorg.conf by hand to get a desktop, wow
those were the days ;) and soon moved onto Ubuntu when it appeared. I
still use Debian and Ubuntu 95% of the time. I'm slowly trying to turn
my hobby into a business. Having said that I'm no expert and am hoping
to find some comradeship, not to mention help and support in the Kent
LUG. I may also be able to offer some help and support myself to some
newer users.

I have a question - Do Kent LUG meetups IRL still happen? Pub etc? I'm
hoping so.

Either way if anyone feels interested in chatting about, or assisting
with, managed open-source hosting for SMEs, charities, schools and other
organisations then please get in touch.

All the best, Adam