[Klug-general] (no subject)

Samuel Robinson 120073 at studentthanetac.onmicrosoft.com
Fri Oct 16 23:21:52 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

Thought this would be a good time to introduce myself. I'm Sam and I'm a student at EKC Dover, studying Level 3 IT in my second year. I've been a Linux user for almost 7 years now (not exclusively, unfortunately). I've previously worked with Paul Sharrad at DGSB and was at the forefront of Karoshi's developments.

I've been tirelessly working on getting the 3 labs set up so the group can get the most out of our facilities. To clarify, we have 53 (17+17+19) PCs, all of which are in the process of being brainwashed toward Ubuntu, purely for the simplicity of the UI, which makes the transition for new users fairly easy.

A little more about me, I've got 4 Raspberry Pis, I spend a lot of time messing with them and seemingly endless time breaking them. C++ programmer for a couple of years. VB (Eurgh, I know) for a year.

Completed some work with Extrahop Networks being a part of the consulting process and installation of their (frankly, pretty amazing) platform.

If anybody is interested in a tour or to learn more about the facilities, please don't hesitate to contact James Snyder (james.snyder at eastkent.ac.uk) or myself.

Many thanks,

Sam Robinson
Head of Student IT Technical Support