[Klug-general] gimp rotation sequence layers duplication

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 09:45:49 UTC 2016

That's what an exponential curve looks like.  (It is an exponential
isn't it, rather than some other geometric progression?  It's rather a
long time ago since I had to bother with that stuff.)  Ever tried the
game with the rice grains on a chess board?

On 05/02/16 09:09, jwmartnet . wrote:
> The extra time wasn't really noticible until the 15th layer or so and
> still pretty quick, so I just plodded on with it. Was only in the last
> few layers where it really got dragged down.
>
> On 5 February 2016 at 08:30,  <john at johnreid.it> wrote:
>> Because of the immense size, would it not be smarter to duplicate and rotate the original layer each time r‎ather than each subsequent, expanded canvas?
>>
>> ‎Alternatively, once the image size starts to slow the system down use Gimp's autocrop function to get the canvas size down to 500px again.
>>
>> I imagine that rotating a raster image that's 35,000 pixel‎ square (over a billion pixels!) is a chunk of work for any system.
>>
>> Glad to see the group chatting, by the way!
>>
>> John
>>
>> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

>>> 2) rotate new layer 15 degrees
>>> 3) duplicate rotated layer