[Klug-general] JOB: Entry level IT Support Engineer, Oxford St, London

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:03:28 UTC 2016

Hi guys.
Long time no speak or see.  For those new I am an old long time KLUG member
but now live over the seas.
Sorry for the spam, but it's not really spam :) and wanted to let you know
about one (maybe two) entry level IT Support Engineer jobs we have in our
London office just off Oxford St and wondered if anyone on this list was
looking for IT work or knew someone suitable.

We've interviewed a couple people so far who say they doing a 'CCNA' but
knowledge was not up to par even for an entry level role.

The role is not advertised online as yet but description is below. As it's
entry level salary is low 20K's but there is room for progression as I
started in 2010 as Support Engineer in London and now Associate Director IT
for North America :)

If you are interested please email me your CV at
colin.mccarthy at essencedigital.com and I can forward it to our Recruitment
team.

*IT Support Engineer for the company's family of Windows, OSX,  Linux and
Cloud based IT Systems. *

*Primary Job Functions:*

Deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the
redeployment of existing equipment.
Install and configure server operating systems to agreed standards under
the direction of the IT Manager.
Install and configure software to agreed standards under the direction of
the IT Manager. Ensure software licence compliance.
Maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the IT
Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine
maintenance procedures.
Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of
hardware and software.
Assist in the management of computers via Dell Kace 1000 Management System.
Assist in the management and provision of accounts within Google Apps for
Business.
Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to users.
Troubleshooting and problem resolution

*Other duties:*

Assist with and work with IT management on various global IT projects,
which could include but is not limited to.
Router  and firewall traffic monitoring and auditing.
Network security and penetration testing.
Network documentation and end user training.
Researching, testing and evaluating emerging technologies.
Assisting with Office relocations.
Assisting with planning and execution of network upgrades.

To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing
demands of the business, participate in appropriate training activities.

To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be
reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of
responsibility of this job.

*Knowledge/Experience:*

Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems
Google Apps
Active Directory/SAMBA
Networking principles
Firewall and security