[Klug-general] Bounty offered, and/or help requested

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Thu Mar 2 07:14:42 UTC 2017

I'm offering a bounty of £50 for a new [pelican](https://blog.getpelican.com/) theme that will -

- have an article page similar to the general section of
  https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Site_map, which can be 'pinned' to the
  top of the postings,
- have drop-down menus like on https://www.notionsandnotes.org/,
- be searchable using 'tipue-search',
- be able to have a coloured title bar which will contain all the page
  details, including the drop-down menus, the archives, and the search
  box. This coloured bar will also allow the article headings to be the
  same colour, like in http://www.sharons.org.uk/,
  - it must be possible to change the colours using css, like in the
    current theme pelican-bootstrap2,
- with the TOC on the left of the article, and the article-info just
  beneath the the articles title, like in http://www.sharons.org.uk/,
  - this will need the article width changing from its current size to
    the new width of about 70%-80% of the total width. Which ever looks
    best.
  - plus be able to use any of the other current pelican plugins, so
    that at the article end you will have a box for 'related articles',
    and another for 'Number x of series y', etc, like in http://www.sharons.org.uk/,
- the footer being in its right place and giving details of pelican, the
  themes name and copyright details, like in http://www.sharons.org.uk/,
- and be able to use disqus, addthis, statcounter, piwik, google
  analytics, plus any others that you think might be useful,
  - this one is easy as I've already done these and its just a matter of
    putting in the right declarations such that they work,
- your choice of theme title.

All the templates are written like this -

{% if ADDTHIS_PROFILE %}
    <hr />
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
        {% if ADDTHIS_FACEBOOK_LIKE|default(true) %}
            <a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a>
        {% endif %}
        {% if ADDTHIS_TWEET|default(true) %}
            <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a>
        {% endif %}
        {% if ADDTHIS_GOOGLE_PLUSONE|default(true) %}
            <a class="addthis_button_google_plusone" g:plusone:size="medium"></a>
        {% endif %}
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->
{% endif %}

So they're all fairly modular.

Payment will be paid in full on satisfactory completion to both of our
satisfactions.

If it does sound doable then I'll tar up my current work for drugfacts
and email it to you, so that you can have a test site to play with and
develop on.

Currently, I need help with -

- sort out the templates such that I get the -
  - footer at the bottom of the article,
  - article info just below the main header - like in TGmeds,
  - article width changing to about 80% of the page,
  - colored titlebar and headings - like in TGmeds,
  - TOC on the article left,
  - at the article end a box for 'related articles', and another for 'Number x of series y', etc, like in TGmeds,
  - statcounter (I've already got that working so its just a matter of inserting the code in the appropriate place),
  - piwik - ditto from statcounter,
  - addthis - ditto,
  - tipue search - like in TGmeds,
  - disqus - like in TGmeds,
  - google analytics.

And the ability to use all other pelican plugins in their appropriate places.

My ideal situation would be for a site similar to
https://www.notionsandnotes.org/ with their dropdown menus from the main
bar, with the main bar being coloured and to the same colour of headings
in the articles.

Can you help please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1