[Lincoln] Re: [Peterboro] Still three lectures left!

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 16:31:55 BST 2004

Marc Mc Guinness wrote:

> We're still looking for volunteers on the following three topics for
> our real-life meeting of LLUG on Saturday 11th September 5pm - 9pm at
> Boston Squash Club:
>
> -> *Open Office* (e.g. What is it? Can it read my M$ Documents? ...)
>
> -> *Mozilla Project* (Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird)

I suppose if there are no other takers I could do a talk on one or both
of these. Out of the two my preference would be the Mozilla project but
I'd be happy to do a single talk covering both. A focus could be a more
gradual migration to Open Source software using these applications in a
Windows operating system initially, before making the big jump of a new
OS. I use both suites of software on a regular basis in both Windows and
GNU/Linux and have converted a few friends :)

> -> *Basic Linux security on desktops* (e.g. personal firewalls, virus
> scanning, linux permissions)

Sorry can't help there, I'm hopeless on these things! I would love to
hear a talk on these topics though.

Of course, this means I actually HAVE to go to the Real Life(TM) meeting
now! :P

tola ^/.

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk