[Lincoln LUG] Lincoln LUG: launch of new LUG

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Thu Aug 25 10:56:55 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues, and fellow Linux users,

You may remember that I originally posted a mail to the mailing list 9
days ago proposing a Lincs LUG: relaunch.  I was overwhelmed with the
majority of positive responses that I received; overall I received
unique responses from 15 different mailing list members.

I have had time to reflect on the responses and the feedback/ideas
that came from those who responded.  The main proposals put forward
indicated a need for a smaller, more localised LUG, with more frequent
localised meetings.  Bearing your feedback in mind (as well as my home
location!) I have approached lug.org.uk and have had permission to
start a Lincoln LUG.

The Lincoln LUG mailing list is at
https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/lincoln and is open to all
to join.  I am currently in the process of sourcing a venue for our
first meeting in September and I will post details of the actual date
and location via the mailing list.  I am also setting up the Lincoln
LUG home webpage and will post details of our meets on there as well.

I am hoping that our central location within the County will make this
a viable LUG in its own right, and of course, anyone from the
Lincolnshire LUG or indeed members from neighbouring LUGs who can
travel to a meet, are most welcome to attend.

I am looking forward to this exciting opportunity for Lincoln
GNU/Linux users and hopefully, I will be meeting some of you soon.  :)

Kind regards

Becky Newborough