[Lincoln LUG] [Lincs] Lincoln LUG: launch of new LUG

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Fri Aug 26 00:25:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Chris Marr <chris at majicsoft.co.uk> wrote:

> Becky - I hope you don't take what's said here as a personal attack.

It's a bit hard not to take something as a personal attack when in
fact, you are being personally attacked! :D

> So if you'll pardon me a little
> cynicism - in my own efforts I tried to gear towards moving the
> community smoothly rather than grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and
> frogmarching it to the firing line.

I am frog-marching no-one anywhere.  I have simply offered an
alternative which people are free to join or not. Their choice, no
pressure.

> So, maybe you can't please all the people all the time. Maybe I'm the
> most outspoken person here, but I don't think I'm alone.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts so eloquently.

> At the end of
> the day, if I think someone's doing something wrong, I'll speak up about
> it,

Please can you explain what it is exactly that I have done wrong?

I actually think a little perspective is needed here - this is a local
LUG that I have started, not a plan for World domination!  :-)  All
joking aside, I hope that you can see that I do mean well.

Regards

Becky