[Lincoln LUG] Lincoln LUG first social meeting Tuesday 27th September at 7.30pm

Carl Inglis carl.inglis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:02:38 UTC 2011

On 31 August 2011 13:56, Philip Newborough <corenominal at corenominal.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Dave Harding <dave at hulllug.org> wrote:
>>
>> I might be wrong but is this a pub car-park?
>>
>> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.224324,-0.544786&spn=0.000003,0.003439&safe=on&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=53.224324,-0.544786&panoid=y3xwaUCyASpfG5Aqic9eIQ&cbp=12,100.27,,0,0
>>

> Hey Dave :)
>
> I am not sure what that is, but I do not think it is parking for the
> pub (Becky, can you confirm?)

I think, having cycled along there to get to the sorting office (on
the right in that picture), that the chained off area is parking for
the businesses that back onto it.

The road to the left of the picture must be the one that leads back to
the High Street - but I normally cycle over the bridge behind the
camera to get the sorting office so I can't be sure.

Note that Firth Road is split in two and you *can't* drive from one
end of it to the other - you can, however, walk or cycle.

> I think the closest "car park" parking is here: http://g.co/maps/t24j
> and I believe it is free, or very cheap after 6pm. The Google
> directions from the car park to the pub are by road, somewhat
> obviously, and so it looks further than it actually is. By foot, it
> should take no more than 2 or 3 minutes.

And that's because of the split in Firth Road I'd guess. :)

Regards,

Carl