[Lincoln LUG] [IMPORTANT UPDATE] Lincoln LUG first social meeting Tuesday 27th September at 7.30pm

Carl Inglis carl.inglis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 05:50:43 UTC 2011

On 25 September 2011 22:05, Rebecca Newborough <bobobex at bobobex.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Carl Inglis <carl.inglis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Becky,
>>
>> Personally I think out of town venues discriminate against those who
>> don't (or can't) drive.
>>
> No discrimination intended.

Unintentional discrimination is, regrettably, the most common type,
but this is now way off-topic for this list so I'll stop there.

[snip]

>> The new venue may indeed be 1.4 miles from the Ritz, however it's
>> unaccessible by public transport at that time of night and therefore
>> would require cycling along Cannock Road and Washingborough Road - not
>> the best places to be cycling late at night after a couple of pints.
>>
>> Thank you for your offer of transport, but I would rather be able to
>> leave when I choose instead of being beholden to others - also
>> Bracebridge Heath is the other side of town from where I live and
>> therefore you'd need to come all the way through the town center
>> anyway.
>
> Sorry to read the new venue is not as convenient for you as my
> original choice. Hopefully you'll still manage to make it. :)

As I intimated earlier in the thread, the venue is not accessible to
me due to a lack of public transport and an unwillingness to risk
cycling along these roads late at night.

If those members who attend decide to move the venue back into the
town then I will be glad and pleased to attend whenever my work
schedule allows.

You didn't address my question asking if the venue change should have
been discussed with the members.

I look forward to reading the after-meeting report, which will
hopefully include details of the discussion about this subject.

I hope everyone who attends has a good time.

Regards,

Carl