[Lincoln LUG] Last Night at Lincoln LUG

Dave Harding dave at hulllug.org
Wed Sep 28 09:21:23 UTC 2011

If you're reading this, and you weren't at Lincoln Bowl last night, you
missed a fun night.  I drove down from Hull with a couple of others from
Hull LUG, and we were pleasantly surprised to see just how popular the event
was.  (Well not that surprised - we knew that it was going to be a success)
:)

All in all there was about 9 people at the meet, all with varying levels of
experience both with Linux and computing in general.  Adrian, who travelled
down with his wife from Barton, was celebrating his 65th birthday, and the
best present we could muster up at *no* notice was a fresh install of Linux
Mint for his laptop.

I know that everyone reading this who wasn't there last night will be keen
to get to the the next meeting, and there was a lot discussion on the
matter, and Becky was given a lot of suggestions which she promised to
explore.  I'm sure that she will be posting soon to let everyone know her
findings and proposals for the date and location of the next meeting.

Many thank to Becky and Philip for inviting Hull LUG along and making us so
welcome.  Despite not getting home until well after midnight, it was well
worth it, and we're looking forward to coming down to see you all (and more)
very soon.

(WARNING! Blatant self-publicity alert!) If you missed the Lincoln meet last
night, or you can't get your fill of geeky gatherings, Hull LUG will be
meeting next Tuesday 04/10/2011.  I'll be sorting out the venue over the
next couple of days, and full details will be blogged on Hull LUG's website
http://hulllug.org

Dave

--

Dave Harding <http://about.me/daveyspeedstar>