[Lincoln LUG] Overview of January's LUG meeting

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Tue Feb 7 17:17:40 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

A very belated Happy New Year to all!

We held our first meeting of 2012 on 18th January. We were joined by
Dave, Jon, Steve, Kevin, Jo, Neal, myself and Philip, and we were also
joined by another Kevin, who had come along to our first ever meeting
in September, so he wasn't a complete stranger to most of us! :D

There was no agenda for this meeting - just a chance for us all to
catch up with each other after the Christmas break and show off our
shiny new tech (if we were lucky enough to get any!)  I took along my
new Kindle and Steve and I sat with our heads together comparing
reading habits! We did discuss a brief outline for a Summer joint LUG
outing to the UK computing museum, and Dave agreed that he would
source some costs of transport/accommodation for us all to consider.

Lincoln LUG's next meeting will be on Wednesday 15th February at Ye
Olde Crowne pub again, starting at 7.30pm. If you've got any
ideas/topics that you would like to see at the next meeting, please
don't hesitate to send your ideas through to the mailing list.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Becky Newborough