[Lincoln LUG] Introducing Myself

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Thu Jul 26 12:09:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Richard Walker
<Richard.Walker at cpp.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Richard :)

> I’m a fan of Linux and curious to come along to your LUG hopefully in August
> to learn more about the whole ‘LUG’ scene and meet like-minded people, I
> live near Doncaster and work in York the nearest active LUGs are either
> Lincoln or Hull – that is the York and Doncaster/Scunthorpe LUGs appear
> inactive.

Currently, the Lincoln and Hull LUGs have a bit of an exchange program
running, most months you'll find members from both LUGs at each
meeting. You'd be welcome to come along to either, or both.

> A little about myself – I Work in IT as an Enterprise Analyst which means
> I’m a sys admin for UNIX/Linux servers, I recently got my RHCSA
> certification and working toward RHCE – I say working towards I’ve failed
> the exam twice L

I have often considered certification, but I have not looked into it
too deeply. I would love to pick your brains about it at a LUG
meeting.

> I love technology – especially the Open Source community variety, I use
> Fedora and Linux Mint at home, recently got a Raspberry Pi delivered which I
> aim to use as Apache Web Server and I aim to learn Android/Java API
> programming.

Yep, you'd fit right in! :D

Hope to meet you at a LUG meet soon.

Cheers,