[Lincoln LUG] apt-get

Kevin Hall kevin_hall at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 3 20:46:06 UTC 2012

Thank you Chris

sudo apt-get update > error.txt 2>&1 worked

The error I am getting is:

 >sudo apt-get update
Failed to exec method /usr/lib/apt/methods/http
Failed to exec method /usr/lib/apt/methods/http
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Sub-process http returned an error code (100)
E: Method /usr/lib/apt/methods/http did not start correctly
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Sub-process http returned an error code (100)
E: Method /usr/lib/apt/methods/http did not start correctly

ifconfig shows the network is up and I can ping my router

I have not tried browsing as my mouse does not work when I start X.

I have done a web search

There are two lines in sources.list which may explain why the error is
repeated

Regards

Kevin