[Lincoln LUG] Overview of October's LUG meeting

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Wed Oct 31 20:48:12 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

Happy Halloween - got any sweets left or did your other half/kids eat them
all like in my house? :)

We were a small but lively bunch for October's meeting. Kevin and Philip
had a discussion about Android mobile app development; Miles spent nearly
the whole evening trying to install Slackware onto his lappy and then
un-install it; Tom shared with us his conspiracy theories about the moon
landing; Jo and I discussed knitting and other womenly/motherly stuff; Jon
shared with us that he had joined the CrunchBang forums recently and Andrew
gave us a very different take on an inspired talk about usability. Andrew
also shared with us his good news that he has a new job to start; we all
wish him the best of luck for his first day.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 21st November 2012 at 7pm in the
Lincoln Bowl. This will be our last meting of 2012 as it isn't practical to
hold one in December so close to Christmas.

Cheers

Becky