[Lincoln LUG] Overview of September's LUG meeting

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Sun Sep 30 17:48:14 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

WOW, what a lot of cake we had at last month's meeting. Thanks to everyone
who came along and brought with them cake and chocolates - we had so much
that we even ended up feeding the bowling alley staff.  Special thanks must
go to Jon Gibbins and his partner who handmade us a Nyan Cat cake, covered
in toxic blue icing. What a surprise we got when we cut into it and saw the
rainbow of colour. :)

No lightning talk this month, however we did have a new member come along
and join us who has offered to do a lightning talk at the October LUG
meeting on usability. Thank you Andrew Walmsley, and a very warm welcome to
the list and group. We also got the opportunity to meet Sarah who is
Graham's wife at this month's meeting, so a very warm welcome to her too.

Philip and I are just back from Barcamp Blackpool and cannot believe
that October is almost here.  Our next LUG meeting will be held on 17th
October 2012 at Lincoln Bowl, starting at 7pm. Please let me know via the
mailing list if there is anything that you want to discuss at this month's
meeting.

Cheers

Becky