[Lincoln LUG] Linux Server Admin/Network Manager vacancy, Lincoln

Terry Froy tez+lincoln-lug at spilsby.net
Fri Jan 30 16:48:56 UTC 2015

On 29/01/15 21:31, Rebecca Newborough wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I've been asked to pass this along to fellow LUG members, Lincoln and
> surrounding areas - it's a Linux server admin / network manager vacancy,
> based in Lincoln. Please feel free to circulate wider if you know of
> other people who may be interested in this.
>
> http://t.co/tAQwnW2Ofg
>
> Hope that it generates some interest and some applications. Good luck.

Hi,

I would like to point out that this particular company openly abused our
'free hosting for open source' service that we offer to open source
projects.

Their primary (and only) software product originally started out as an
open source project and we provided free hosting to them because we are
nice people who have received great benefit from using open source and
wished to give something back.

Their head developer then took the project completely closed-source (and
as result, made it non-free) but conveniently 'forgot' to tell us that
they had done this.

For anyone tempted by this role, I would strongly suggest leaving your
ethics at the front door before starting work for this company.

Regards,
Terry
--
Terry Froy