[Lincoln LUG] Ebuyer selling Ubuntu laptops

tom bruton tombruton87 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:51:06 UTC 2015

Found it interesting to see Ebuyer suing top banner space to sell Ubuntu
laptops. I know they have sold them before but always been tucked away on a
back page some where.

It interesting to see all big suppliers choosing Ubuntu as there distro
choice maybe its because it is the best distro (insert abuse here).

Do we think we will ever see a big box store attempting to sell Linux again
like they tried on the netbooks once upon a time. Do people think they can
make a business case for it when a lot of there business is based around
selling antivirus and Microsoft office. It still leaves them there main non
direct sales resource of selling service agreements which is essentially an
insurance like product bundled with terrible tech support. Infact it might
be easier for them to sell this with Linux as it is new and scary and only
used by hackers

--
Tom Bruton