[Lincoln LUG] disk size

Graham Markall graham at big-grey.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 06:18:36 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

What's the filesystem? And are you using LVM?

Generally, you can resize a partition online if you're using LVM - you
can also do it if you're not using LVM by editing the partition table,
then running partprobe. Then, if you have an ext3 or ext4 file system,
you can expand the filesystem to fill the available space in the
partition whilst it's mounted using resize2fs.

This stackexchange answer: https://askubuntu.com/a/119458 provides a
reasonable description of how to do it.

Graham.