[Lincoln LUG] Job in Lincoln area (infrastructure Engineer)

tom bruton tombruton87 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 4 12:32:51 UTC 2019

Hi guys a position is about to become available at the Priory Trust in
Lincoln. The priory is a group of schools with around 1200 staff and 8000
students.

The organisation has over 100 physical servers most of these are ESXI hosts
(about 600 VM's), we then have a mixture of physical Windows, Linux and
FreeNas boxes. Most of the environment is thin with desktops delivered via
Citrix. We also do have around 700 fat clients

The role reports directly to the a senior infrastructure engineer, it is a
relaxed and very techie office with a great bunch of people. There is a lot
of skills needed for this role but please don't be put off by this as
training will be provided and we are not expecting someone to have all the
skills listed. The main thing is to have the right attitude and good
foundation level of knowledge.

There are some management responsibilities for 1st and 2nd line staff
however support will be given for this.

The salary is going to be up to 28,700

If you are interested please email your CV to tbruton at prioryacademies.co.uk

any further questions just drop me an email :)

desired skills

1st line support
2nd line support
Advanced DHCP  knowledge
DNS
VLAN's
HP Procurve/ Cisco switch command line
VMware Vcenter
Linux administration
Windows Administration up to server 2016 (we only have 1 2008r2 server
everything else is 2012r2 and above)
Fiber zoning
Proxy Software
HP 3par
Active Directory
Cisco VOIP systems
MPLS networking
HP smart provisioning
HP blade systems
IP based CCTV
Cisco Aeronet wireless
Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless
Paxton Access control
Pull printing
radius
creating images for deployment systems
Microsoft SCCM
Capita SIM's
Office 365 including exchange, teams and SharePoint
Project Management skills
ITIL knowledge
good understanding of security

All the best