[Lincoln LUG] OggCamp 2019 - Oct 19t & 20th, Manchester, UK

Philip Newborough lugmaster at lincolnlug.org.uk
Mon Sep 2 12:56:10 UTC 2019

Hi all :)

The following message is from one of the OggCamp organisers, who asked if it could be passed on to all LUG mailing lists. As a side note, Becky and I have attended OggCamp in the past and it is great event. We’ll be attending this year too.

Hello all,

I run an Open Source community event called OggCamp, it's one of the oldest and largest in the UK. Our 10th birthday is coming up in October and we'll be running the event on October 19th & 20th 2019 at the Pendulum Hotel conference centre in Manchester. There are also social events at the hotel on Friday Oct 18th and many people make a full weekend of it.

What the hell is it though? Good question, I'm glad you asked. Many of the previous The quickest way to get up to speed is to watch the short video (5mins) on our home page - https://oggcamp.org

It's a 2 day conference, barcamp, hackfest and general get together of geeks, makers, tinkerers and others. We have a scheduled track of speakers on the main stage with an opening keynote by Andy Stanford-Clark who'll tell us about how the Mosquitto project was actually created at the first OggCamp in 2009 and what's happening since. A full list of scheduled speakers and topics can be found here - https://oggcamp.org/speakers/

There will also be 3 barcamp tracks where anyone can pitch a talk or session and run it. This always brings out interesting things we never would have planned and of course we'd love you to get involved.

We have exhibition spaces available at the moment for companies, projects and community groups. It's all free (as in beer) so if you're interested drop me an email and we can talk about it.

There will be a kids track with events for the family on Saturday, our Open Hardware Jam in which workshops and other things take place. This is run by the awesome folks behind Liverpool MakeFest, so if you enjoyed that event this should be right up your street!

This year we are also partnering with FlawCon a security conference which will run as part of OggCamp on Sunday. So there's plenty to do and see.

Tickets are available for the price of your choosing (yes including free, that's fine) at https://oggcamp.org/tickets/

Ok this message is probably long enough so if you read this far I thank you. I welcome any questions or enquiries about OggCamp so feel free to ask :-)

Dan Lynch
Mail: contact at oggcamp.org
Web: https://oggcamp.org
Twitter: @oggcamp